Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sometimes you have to Do It Yourself

After seeing the weather forecast for the next few days we decided to go and buy some temporary downpipe to connect the rain head collector (which we are still waiting for them to move to the side of the parapet since we flagged it in February) to the stormwater pipe. 

We did ask the builder several weeks ago to do this to prevent further water running into the subfloor area. As it has been several weeks since the request, and especially given the track record of things not being rectified in a timely manner, we decided we may as well just do it ourselves. 

The last few times we have had rain there has been significantly more moisture in the ground in the vicinity of where the rainhead collector is and the batter is starting to break down and expose the footings for the brick piers under the house. 

Anyway, for under $15 we have hopefully fixed this problem with this temporary downpipe. It's a sad day when we have to fix something that should have been done a long time ago.

We were lucky enough to finish just as the rain started. 

There were no trades on site again today, despite there being plenty of work to do outside. Given there is now rain forecast for the rest of the week my guess is that not much else will be happening. Again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment