Friday, April 25, 2014

Benchtops - on top of it

We have had our stone benchtops installed. We chose to have 20mm benchtops instead of the standard 40mm as we didn't want the tops to be the main focus of the rooms. Plus, I like to steer away from the norm every now and then :-)

The bathroom/powder rooms/ensuite all have the same stone. 

I think the stone colour gets lost in the wall colour at the moment, I hope this changes once the tiling is done. 

The ensuite
stone benchtop ensuite

stone benchtop ensuite

The benchtop has grey and silver shiny flecks through it, which is very hard to photograph but I did try. Lol. 
stone benchtop ensuite

The bathroom
stone benchtop bathroom

stone benchtop bathroom

The downstairs powder room - complete with tall cupboards for the spa towels and accessories ;-)
stone benchtop bathroom

I released I forgot to take pics of the upstairs powder room, but the benches are the same as the bathroom, ensuite and downstairs powder room.

The kitchen bench is more white with smaller greyish flecks through it. Again, very hard to photograph but I tried. 
stone benchtop kitchen

I can't wait to see the splashback tiles fitted as they will finish it off perfectly. I wish I could clean the kitchen as it's so dusty and dirty. 
stone benchtop kitchen

stone benchtop kitchen

stone benchtop kitchen

stone benchtop kitchen

stone benchtop kitchen

Trades were on site today working on the upper deck.

Waterproofing is being done on Monday. The electrician is also starting his fit off on Monday. 

Monday afternoon we have an independent building inspector coming to inspect the build for us. Hubby and I thought this would be a good idea, for piece of mind. Especially as a house is the biggest investment we will ever make. 

The tiler should start middle of the week which is great news for me as I get to remove the tiles from my current garage and deliver them to the new house. My car is excited at the idea of being able to park in the garage again. 

The builder advised us that it is highly unlikely we will achieve handover on the 5th May, which didn't come as a surprise to us as there is still quite a bit of work to do. We have been told that we can expect a new handover date mid next week. Once we have this new date we have to reschedule our furniture deliveries, fencing, driveway etc... Again!

Earlier this week we ordered our windows and blinds from Kresta. As it turns out, Kresta are having a post-Easter sale which meant our quote was reduced by $800 - bargain! 




4 comments:

  1. That's brilliant news and the tops look great! Completely understand about changes of dates, I'm hoping a crane is on our site tomorrow.... I hope for your sake it's hand over mid may :-). I hope this week y u get a lot of finishes and good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin :) I'm hoping your crane arrives and you start to see some action on site. I can't wait to see your next update :) My fingers are crossed for a mid May handover.

      Delete
  2. We are off to port douglas on Thursday for 5 days so I hope on our return we have some frame😊 I will await good news for you this week... fingers and toes crossed. It will be all worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lucky duck, I LOVE Port Douglas. My hubby proposed to me in Port Douglas and when we went back there for another holiday we set our wedding date there. It is such a beautiful place. Have fun :)

      Delete